Who we are
- Our website address is: https://www.sunflowercatering.ca, we’re a brand of Compassion Business Trust.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Credit Card Information
- We do not store credit card information in our site, on our servers, or even in paper files at our office. When you make a purchase, you will be asked to input your credit card via an SSL-encrypted web page. The credit card data is sent directly to PayPal – who approve and process payments for us.
- For this reason, should you wish to amend your subscription (if you have one), we may ask for your credit card number again, to apply residual credits or debits to your account.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact forms and Request for Quote forms
- The content of these forms is sent to our dispatch office, who consider the location of your home, the service you require, and other variables. We may call you after receipt of this information, to verify unique items and preferences, so that we can customize a quote that meets your needs best.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- We use analytics to help us improve our site – packages include Google Analytics, and others. The services provide us with data related to time of visit, IP address, frequency of visits, source of visit, and other commonly available data.
Who we share your data with
- We share your order data with providers of services who can deliver the requested/required service. We do not sell your contact information to external parties.
- Service providers contracted through the site will often require unique privacy agreements, particularly when support includes GPS-tracking, data-triangulation, text-alerts, video-monitoring, and related services. When these unique privacy thresholds are crossed, you will be notified separately, and asked to verify your consent at the appropriate time.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website, we also store the information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- To discuss your data or privacy concerns, contact our Chief Privacy Officer via email
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments are checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
- Is used for contact, credit card billing, and dispatch of service provider.
- We market via social media and search, and related-provider relationships.
- You may wish to periodically visit your privacy settings on the social media networks where you or your influencers may be active.
How we protect your data
- All data is stored and backed-up daily in secure, encrypted off-site server farms.
- We provide SSL services, breach-firewalls, and daily backups.
- We do not store data on personal devices of any kind.
- Service providers do not bill for services while on site.
What data breach procedures we have in place
- We provide breach-firewalls, virus scans, cache services, and daily backups.
What third parties we receive data from
- We provide and receive data from our payment provider and our marketing automation/crm platforms, which help us communicate special offers efficiently.
- Contact Chief Privacy Officer James Simone with questions or comments.
Or, contact us using this form: